Affirm is a new financial technology company empowering shoppers to buy the items they love and pay for them over time in fixed, monthly installments in a way that best fits their budgets. Started by PayPal Co-Founder Max Levchin, Affirm’s data-driven approach looks beyond a standard credit score to reach broader consumer populations. Affirm has a proven track record of improving merchants' sales performance. On average, merchants offering Affirm as a payment method have seen a 20-25% increase in sales conversions and up to an 80% lift in average order values. Additionally, 36% of Affirm customers return to the same merchant to purchase again.
The Affirm cartridge modifies the payments page to accept Affirm as a payment type, and also adds Affirm as a payment processor allowing all authorizations, captures, and refunds to be processed through Salesforce Commerce Cloud. Additionally, the Affirm cartridge provides promotional marketing tools to calculate and display estimated monthly payment amounts based on a product or a shopping cart price (such marketing is optional but often yields improvements in conversion rate and average order value).
To setup Affirm as a payment method, merchant partners must contact Affirm for API keys and merchant account setup.
- Give customers the option to checkout using 3, 6, or 12 monthly installment payments
- No late fees, penalty fees, or compounding interest
- Supports payment authorization, capture/settlement, and refunds just like a credit card
- Offers marketing tools to calculate and display monthly payment pricing on product pages
- Merchant dashboard supplements transaction information available via Commerce Cloud
- Affirm takes all risk of fraud and default